- CARMA SEMINAR
- CARMA Special Semester in Computation and Visualisation
- Speaker: Dr Michael Assis, CARMA, The University of Newcastle
- Title: CARMA's SeeLab, a mathematics visualisation laboratory
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 3:00 pm, Tue, 15th May 2018
- To participate remotely, connect to the ViewMe meeting called "carmaspecial" (you can enter that name, or the meeting number 1689883675). This will be persistant for future talks in this series.
The ViewMe client is free and you do not need an account. You can install ViewMe on a computer or phone to take part, or use the web interface (Firefox or Chrome) at https://viewme.ezuce.com/webrtc/?meetingID=1689883675.
It's quite easy to use, but for assistance please contact Andrew.Danson@newcastle.edu.au. Some guides are available at https://viewme.ezuce.com/support/guides-tutorials/.
I will discuss the various completed, ongoing, and planned mathematics visualisation projects within CARMA's SeeLab visualisation laboratory.
Bio: Michael Assis was awarded a PhD in Statistical Mechanics at Stony Brook University in 2014, and then took a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Melbourne. In 2017 he held a computational mathematics postdoctoral position within CARMA, and earlier this year he worked to develop CARMA's Seelab mathematics visualisation laboratory together with David Allingham.
- [Permanent link]